Xrysi Eukairia is the leading classified ads company in Greece,
specializing in the Real Estate, Jobs, Auto-Moto and Business sectors.
More than 1.5 million people in Greece browse Xrysi Eukairia every
Our ambition in Xrysi Eukairia is to create a unique environment that
will help people effortlessly match supply and demand. Whether it be in
real estate, jobs, auto/moto or any of the hundred other categories we
support, our goal is to offer an efficient marketplace that promotes
such transactions. Under new leadership and focused on customer
satisfaction, we are looking for people to join our Engineering
department in order to help achieve these goals.
About the job opportunity
This is a technical role but liaison with various teams will
occasionally be required. You will spend your time managing our
(growing) AWS infrastructure and (fading) HQ infrastructure and help the
development team deliver quality software.
What Will I Be Doing?
As a Devops Engineer you will:
- Design, implement but also monitor & troubleshoot our infrastructure.
- Participate in the design of new features, providing your input as needed.
- Ensure that new AWS infrastructure is properly automated & documented with Terraform, Packer & related tools.
- Constantly pursue automation opportunities to avoid human errors and have repeatable and documented processes.
- Perform technology and product research to improve the overall capability of our stack.
What skills do I need?
- It is very important to have a pragmatic approach and strong attention to detail. While it is occasionally
necessary to take reasonable shortcuts in order to deliver faster, it
is crucial to be keenly aware of the existing technical debt and keep it
down to a manageable size. It is essential to be able to provide
solutions to problems but equally important is to also say NO when needed.
live by the moto “automated automation”. You should ensure that
everything important is automated and its automation is committed to our
- Our major cloud provider of choice is AWS, so
it is imperative to have working experience with Amazon. We don’t expect
you to know every service provided by AWS but you should be ready to
pick up on new stuff that the team plans to use.
- The vast majority of our infrastructure relies on Debian Linux so you should be quite familiar with it.
addition to shell scripting, you will need to know some high level
language that you will be using as your Swiss army knife. We already use
Groovy, Ruby and Python and we’re flexible.
- In an ideal world
you should be able to find your way around popular databases like
PostgreSQL and MySQL, know a thing or two about Rabbit, Memcached and
Redis and be able to work with the Azure cloud as well.
candidates need to have fulfilled military obligations and ability to
communicate in Greek and English (verbal & written form, business
Where will I be working?
Your place of work will be our Athens office.
What happens when I apply?
The first step in our hiring process is to review your CV. If you
seem to be qualified for this position, we will be having a quick phone
call with you to welcome you to the process and we will give you a take
home code challenge to work on your own time. Once you submit the
response to the code challenge, we will have an onsite interview. The
interview time is focused on cultural fit and technical discussion that
will make heavy use of your response to the code challenge. The final
step is to have a quick onsite discussion to make a proposal.